Really?! Snow in the forecast?! Is it THAT time of year already? Here I was so excited to wake up and share this “fall” recipe with you….and instead, I oughta be sharing a recipe for hot cider…or something else that might warm you to your core. Oh well 🙂 The recipe below with satisfy your sweet tooth while we dream up the next warm-your-toes treat!
It was a just a few weeks ago that I spent a much-needed Girls’ Night with friends I don’t see often enough. One of them, an admittedly “non-cook”, brought a batch of Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars…and I tell you what…I’ve never seen so many grown women asking for more! (Especially with the calories involved!). With each of us indulging in seconds and pleading for the recipe, I decided I had to “pinterest” this masterpiece and share it with each of you….as well as with some neighbors. 🙂
So…on Sunday morning, we did just that. We whipped up a batch of this indulgent dessert and packaged them to share with some of our neighbors. That evening, Bella loaded up some of her “punkins”…decorated over that last few weeks….and headed out in the wagon. At each door…she handed over a pumpkin and some bars. She was so proud! At the last stop “Auntie DeeDee’s”, she gifted her pumpkin, shared her bars…and then proceeded to take off her coat, welcome herself in, and kick Mom and Dad out! What a riot. She loves her DeeDee and while we hadn’t intended on walking home with an empty wagon, she made it clear she was staying. Thank you Deanna for loving our girl. She sure adores you!
If you are up for a little baking this week…try this delicious Fall recipe while the apples are ready and plentiful! And…if you can, share a few with your neighbors.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Recipe from “The Girl Who Ate Everything” Blog
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel topping for drizzling after baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9×13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- For the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
- Sprinkle Streusel topping over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy! Make 16 servings.
Indulge. In Life. In Love. In Food.